Learning Support Assistant
- Closing Date: Wednesday 10th February 2021 (Noon)
- Interview Date(s): 24th February 2021
- Job Start Date: 24th March 2021
- Contract/Hours: Temporary contract, Part-time
- Salary Type: Support Staff
- Salary Details: Grade B (£18,562 – £18,877 FTE)
- Hours of Work: 30 hours per week, Monday – Friday (term time only)
- Location of Role: Mengham Junior School
- Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mengham Junior School are looking for a caring, confident and enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant to join our dedicated and friendly team.
We are committed to creating an inclusive, nurturing and creative learning environment for our children and our staff have high expectations for all children. You will be working alongside a class teacher to support children 1:1 and in small groups to ensure progress in their learning.
The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy working with children
- Will be committed to enabling children to develop positive learning behaviours and make good progress
- Ideally have some awareness of attachment needs
- Have a good understanding of the barriers to learning some children may experience
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with both children and adults
- Be able to use their own initiative
- Hold a GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and maths
- Understand safeguarding and confidentiality procedures
Please note that the post will also include daily lunchtime duties with a particular focus on encouraging positive play.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact the school office. Application packs can be requested by e-mail email@example.com or please telephone Mrs. Stephanie Latham on 023 9246 2162.
Mengham Junior School and Hampshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.