Swimming lessons currently take place during the Autumn and Spring terms on a Thursday morning. Occasionally, due to pool closures during the previous two terms, swimming lessons continue into the Summer term.
Miss Richards, our swimming teacher, takes groups of children to Mill Rythe Junior School swimming pool in our school minibus. The pool is completely suitable for the children and is shallow enough for them to be able to stand up.
Please ensure that your child is fully equipped with his/her coat and swimming kit which should include:
- A one piece swimming costume/swimming trunks.
- A swimming hat (boys included).
- A towel.
All of these items should be in a separate plastic bag with your child’s name and class name clearly written on it. Goggles are optional and once again should be named.
If your child is not well enough to swim please send a note to that effect on the day in question to the class teacher.
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- Use a range of strokes effectively e.g. front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations
|Close to =||22%|
These results are based on the achievement obtained by the end of year 4 as the swimming lessons do not take place during years 5 and 6.